Food Handling Classes are providing formal education in food safety and processing and technology for professionals working in food service industry who are willing to expand their opportunities in career advancement. It may be a kind of long duration course or self guided course or a short term course designed in order to raise awareness about protecting public health by actually preventing the spread of food-borne illness. It is the most helpful training given for all categories of people who handles or serves food to people beyond their family and friends.
There are many best options available for those who are willing to take food safety courses and certification.
- In-person training – Separate textbooks are available and exams can be conducted in several languages and offered year-round and statewide.
- Online Training – This is the most convenient option you can avail and start studying the course by self using videos, activities, narration and interactive exercises. One can learn at their own pace at flexible time.
- As-requested training – This is totally depends on the number of learners going to avail the course and availability of trainers.
Different certifications and training programs on food safety are there for different food professionals and staffs. One can choose the programs according to their post in working place.
Some of the food handling courses
- Certification for Managers which satisfies the education requirement for food manager.
- Renewable Certification for Food Managers helps in renewing the already opted certification and also provides award winning training to the managers.
- Food Safety Employee Training provides basic food safety training for all service workers who are responsible for keeping food safe for their customers.
- Food Allergen Training is a simple short term interactive web based course conducted for the food handlers who plays an important role in protecting the health of customers. It all teaches about the possible food allergies.
- Some courses for Home and Community which helps for those who sells home processed foods like pickles, jams and jellies. This training will help them in keeping food safely and also guides them in how to market the product in society and also provides other sanitation, labeling and documentation training. It also offers the skills and knowledge of volunteers who are cooking for a crowd.
- Some high level training is also available. They are:
1. Level 1 Safety Program for Frontline food-service workers.
2. Level 2 Safety Program for managers and food service owners.
3. Market Level Safety Program for farmers’ market vendors,
farm-gate vendors and market managers.
While taking the food handling classes, check whether the course is covering the following topics or sections and also learn how to apply these things at workplace effectively.
- Basic and introduction of Food Safety and Hygiene
- Food-Borne Illness and its affects
- Understanding Food Law and Legislation related to Food Hygiene and Safety
- Food Preservation including appropriate Storage and Temperature Control
- Premises and Equipment to maintain Pest-Free Conditions
- Personal Hygiene
- Good Manufacturing Practices